Trombone, Euphonium, Sacbutt, Bass Trumpet, and Swiss Alphorn: Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, who founded the Big Horn Brass in 1983, is President of the Board of Directors as well as a talented musician:
- Brass Ensembles Big Horn Brass, Pioneer Brass, Columbia Brass Quintet, Metropolitan Brass Company, Saxhorn Social Orchestra, and Humboldt State Faculty Brass Quintet.
- Early Music Oregon Renaissance Band and Portland Baroque Orchestra.
- Orchestras The Oregon Coast Music Festival Orchestra, Oregon Symphony Orchestra, Columbia Symphony, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Portland Festival Orchestra, Portland Chamber Orchestra, Oregon Repertory Singers, Choral Arts Ensemble, Portland Symphonic Choir, Pacific Northwest Chamber Orchestra, Peter Britt Music Festival Orchestra, Sun River Music Festival Orchestra, and Palatine Symphony Orchestra.
- Symphonic Bands Oregon Symphonic Band, Portland Wind Ensemble, Portland Civil War Band, and U.S. Marine Corps Field Band.
- Jazz and Pop The Rob Scheps Big Band, Trombone 8, Rich Cooper Rehearsal Band, Woody Hite Big Band, Moody Blues Orchestra, Don Ellis Rehearsal Band, and a tour with Paul Revere and the Raiders.
- Euphonium Soloist
Featured soloist with the U.S. Marine Corps field bands, Oregon Symphonic Band, University of Oregon Symphonic Band tour of Japan, and Lewis and Clark College Wind Ensemble.
- Arnold Jacobs (Chicago Symphony)
- Frank Crisafuli (Chicago Symphony)
- Per Brevig (Metropolitan Opera Orchestra)
- Miles Anderson (Los Angeles Philharmonic)
- Roy Main (Los Angeles Recording Studios)
Andrew’s major influences are Dick Nash, Jean-Baptiste Arban, Greg Spense, David Reed, David Vining, Herbert L. Clarke, Claude Gordon, Louis Maggio, and Emory Remington.
RECORDINGS AND BROADCASTS
- Christmas with the Big Horn Brass. 2002. Big Horn Brass
- Acres of Clams. 1992, The Pioneer Brass. Centaur Records
- National Public Radio Broadcast. Dec. 25, 1990. Pioneer Brass/De Organographia Christmas Concert
- The Pioneer Brass Story. Dec. 12, 1990. Ray Summers at Large Broadcast, KOIN-TV
- Christmas Past and Present. 1987. Metropolitan Brass Company and De Organographia, Library of Congress, #87-743015
- Made in Oregon. 1986. Metropolitan Brass Company, Library of Congress, #86-743041
- Various studio recording sessions. 1970s and 80s
- Arizona. 1970. Paul Revere and the Raiders, Columbia Records
- Associate of Arts in Music. 1973, Southwestern Junior College.
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resource Planning and Interpretation. 1977, Humboldt State University
- Aspen Music Festival and School. 1979
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Private Low Brass Instructor. 2010 – present. trombone, euphonium, and tuba
- Harris Stream Services, LLC. (2004 – present). Principal, stream restoration
- PACE Engineering. 2007. Stream Restoration
- City of Lake Oswego. 1978 – 2005. Surface Water Management Specialist
- Multnomah County Outdoor School. 1977. Resource Specialist
- Olympic National Park. 1976. Naturalist and Interpreter
- Petrified Forest National Park. 1976. Naturalist and Interpreter
BOARDS AND TASK FORCES
- Big Horn Brass. 1983 – present. Founder and President of the Board of Directors