June 1-2, 2019: ISing Choir and Big Horn Brass - AT THE MOVIES
We are delighted to have the opportunity to play with the ISing Choir and Hillsboro School District’s Mariachi Band Una Voz this June! This is an amazing group who partners with charitable organizations in our community, increasing awareness of great causes and raising money to benefit them. This concert will benefit the Music Education Assistance Project (MEAP). ISING is able to cover the expenses through grants and fundraising which enables them to present their benefit concerts free of cost to our audiences. 100% of the donations collected (that’s all of it) go to the selected beneficiary.
Two Opportunities to Enjoy the Performance!
Saturday, June 1, 2019 7:30 PM
Christ United Methodist Church
12755 NW Dogwood St.
Poortland, OR 97223
Sunday, June 2, 2019 3:00 PM
St. Peter Catholic Church
5903 SE 87th Ave.
Portland, OR 97226
Our Program (Subject to Revision)
- The Superman March from Superman (Brass)
- Duel of the Fates from Star Wars: The Phantom Menance (Choir, Brass)
- May It Be from The Fellowship of the Ring (Choir, Piano)
- Elegy for Dunkirk from Atonement (Choir, Brass)
- The Incredibles: Main Title from The Incredibles (Brass)
- Writing’s on the Wall from Spectre (Choir)
- Exultate Justi from Empire of the Sun (Choir, Brass)
- Nimrod from Elizabeth (Choir, Brass)
- Climbing Up Iknimaya from Avatar (Choir, Brass)
- Gabriel’s Oboe from The Mission (Choir, Oboe, Brass)
- A Friend Like Me from Aladdin (Brass)
- Kyrie for the Magdalene from The DaVinci Code (Choir)
- Remember Me from Coco (Choir, Hillsboro School District’s Mariachi Band Una Voz)
- Never Surrender and Camelot Lives from First Knight (Choir, Brass)
July 24-25-26, 2019: Abby Bach Festival
Established in 1971, the Abbey Bach Festival invites national and international musicians for a three-day classical music celebration. Guests enjoy vespers with the monks, an organ or choir performance followed by a buffet picnic supper, and a featured performance in the Damian Center.
This year enjoy a new program from Portland’s Big Horn Brass each evening in the Abbey church. Featuring two brass quintets and a trombone ensemble accompanied by the celebrated Abbey organ.
October 12, 2019: Bernstein 100th Anniversary Celebration
Save the date!
Our Annual Fall Concert will be devoted to celebrating the works of Leonard Bernstein, and it’s guaranteed to be awesome! The time and location are in the process of getting confirmed, so check back.
Probable Location: St. Matthew Lutheran Church 10390 SW Canyon Rd, Beaverton, OR 97005
Probable Date: Saturday, October 12, 2019 Time TBD
December 8, 13, 14, 2019: Annual Holiday Concert
Help us ring in the 2019 holiday season this December! Along with your festive favorites, we will be featuring the music of Stan Kenton and NW Composer Anthony DeLorenzo.
Three Opportunities to Join Us
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:30 pm
St. Matthew Lutheran Church 10390 SW Canyon Rd. Beaverton, OR 97005
- Friday, December 13, 2019 7:30 pm
Milwaukie High School Auditorium 11300 SE 23rd Ave. Milwaukie, OR 97222
- Saturday, December 14, 7:30 pm (pending confirmation) Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, OR
Sponsored by the Portland Columbia Symphony Orchestra